Pick your favorite cake mix then make these incredibly soft Cake Mix Cookies. They are so easy and are perfect for just about any occasion.
Cake Mix Cookies | The Easiest Cookies Ever
Cake Mix Cookies are beyond easy to make. The dough comes together in about 15 minutes and then you just pop those babies in the oven for another 10 minutes and you’ve got yourself a killer dessert. Plus I’ve laid out all of the variation ideas you could ever need or want! Seriously make these today!
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need 4 ingredients to make these amazing Cake Mix Cookies, here’s what you’ll need:
- Cake Mix – you can use any cake mix you like here! This has all of the dry ingredients you’ll need for these cookies.
- Canola Oil – or vegetable oil or if you’re in a pinch, melted butter. This is used for moisture, aka soft cookies!
- Eggs – used for structure (not too flat, not too poofy).
- Vanilla – optional but used for even more of a flavor boost.
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies
For full details on how to make Cake Mix Cookies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Preheat the oven. Take two baking sheets and line them with parchment paper then set them aside.
Make Cookie Dough (with Cake Mix!)
In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until a dough forms. Scoop dough into 24 even balls and place onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake + Enjoy!
Bake. Remove from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets before removing them to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
Customize Your Cake Mix Cookies
Because you can use any flavor of boxed cake mix for these cookies, the flavor combinations are nearly endless. Here are some ideas
Different Cake Mix Flavors
I stuck to the Betty Crocker brand for these cookies (15.25 oz box) and to my knowledge these are the majority of flavors that Betty Crocker offers. This doesn’t mean you can’t use another brand though, just be sure it measures out to be 15.25 ounces.
- Red Velvet
- Carrot Cake
- Spice Cake
- German Chocolate
- Butter Pecan
- Yellow Cake
- Cherry Chip
- Dark Chocolate
- French Vanilla
And to make things even yummier, I’ve compiled this huge list of possible cake mix cookie mix-ins!
- chocolate chips (from milk to dark and everything in between)
- white chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- butterscotch chips
- mint chips
- toffee chips
- caramel bits
- chopped chocolate bars (there are some pretty fancy ones out there that would make an easy addition to these cookies)
- chopped candy bars (Butterfingers, Twix, Snickers, Reese’s Cups or anything else you can think of)
- Reese’s pieces
- pop rocks
- sprinkles (use different colors to fit an occasion. Red, white, and blue for Independence Day or green, and red for Christmas)
- nuts (almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- coconut shreds
- citrus zest (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit)
- dried fruit (strawberry, raspberries, blueberries, apricot)
- mini marshmallows
- chopped graham crackers
- chopped candy canes
- crushed Oreos
Cake Mix Cookie Combinations
I know those two lists above can be a little overwhelming and so because of that, I’ve created this list of possible flavor combinations to get your cake mix cookie experimenting started!
- S’mores – take chocolate cake mix and add in graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
- Cookies + Cream – take white cake mix and add in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Red Velvet – take red velvet cake mix and add in white chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter – take dark chocolate cake mix and add in peanut butter chips.
- Carrot Cake – take carrot cake mix and add in white chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, or dried pineapple.
- Chocolate Chip – take yellow or white cake mix and add chocolate chips.
- Salted Caramel – take chocolate or white cake mix and add caramel bits and sea salt.
- Red, White + Blue – take white cake mix and add in red, white, and blue pop rocks or sprinkles. (Perfect for the 4th of July).
- Orange/Lemon Creamsicle – take orange or lemon cake mix and add in white chocolate chips and matching zest. (Perfect for Spring or Summer).
- Candy Cane – take white cake mix and add in crushed candy canes. (Perfect for Christmas).
More Cookie Recipes to Try!
Be sure to check out all of our other cookie recipes while you’re at it!
The printable recipe card is below, make sure you save this recipe because it’s a good one! Happy baking 🙂
Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 ounce Betty Crocker™ cake mix 1 box, in any flavor
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take two baking sheets and line them with parchment paper then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until a dough forms. Scoop dough into 24 even balls and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!