A light and fluffy spiced pumpkin filling topped with whipped cream and surrounded by a flakey pie crust, this is Pumpkin Cream Pie!
Pumpkin Cream Pie
If you love Pumpkin Pie you’re going to love this creamy variation! Pumpkin Cream Pie is perfectly spiced, fluffy and creamy. Made easy with a store-bought pie crust, this recipe comes together in about 20 minutes. Topped with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, it’s a simple treat with gorgeous results. Serve this at Thanksgiving, during the Fall or just because!
Main Ingredients Needed
Lot’s of Fall staples in this list, here’s everything you’ll need to make Pumpkin Cream Pie!
- Cream Cheese – creamy and tangy, this is the base of the pie!
- Sugar – to sweeten.
- Vanilla – to flavor. You can sub this out for a different extract if you’d like (perhaps a bourbon extract?)
- Pumpkin Puree – this is the canned stuff you find at the store which is fully cooked and pureed. Don’t confuse it with pumpkin pie filling though, they’re different.
- Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves + Nutmeg – all the spices you need to flavor this pie. Replace with 2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Heavy Cream + Powdered Sugar – these two create the whipped cream that is mixed into the filling and tops the whole thing.
I used a store-bought pre-baked pie crust (hello, Marie Callender’s!) but you could also blind bake your own pie crust or buy/make a graham cracker crust! Or a Golden Oreo crust, or you know those Maple Leaf Sandwich Cookies from Trader Joes? You get the point! Go crazy if you want!
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Pie
For full details on how to make Pumpkin Cream Pie, see the recipe card down below!
1. Prepare Crust
To make things easy, I used a store-bought pre-baked pie crust. If you’re deviating from this, the first step would be to blind bake your pie crust or graham cracker crust!
2. Make Pumpkin Filling
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar. Mix in vanilla, pumpkin, and spices until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape sides and mix again.
In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Fold in half of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Set aside the other half. Then pour the pumpkin filling into a pre-baked pie shell.
3. Top + Serve
Top with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve (the longer you refrigerate the firmer the pie gets).
Storing Pumpkin Cream Pie
Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to a week! It lasts so long in the fridge, you could even consider making it ahead of time.
I would not recommend freezing this treat (the texture gets all gritty and gross after thawing).
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
If you happen to make this recipe, we’d love to see it! Go ahead and tag us on Instagram @bestdessertrecipes.
Pumpkin Cream Pie
- 9 inch pie shell I used a Marie Callender's or blind bake a homemade pie crust
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar. Mix in vanilla, pumpkin and spices until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape sides and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Fold in half of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Set aside the other half. Then pour the pumpkin filling into a pre-baked pie shell.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.