Three ingredients, a quick trip to the microwave and you’ve got easy Microwave Fudge! Perfect as is, or customize it to your liking!
Microwave Fudge | Why it’s the best!
Microwave Fudge might sound like an easy way to get mediocre fudge in a pinch but it’s anything but that. It’s quick and easy, for sure, but it yields amazing results. Here are some other reasons why this recipe is the bomb dot com:
- 3 ingredients to make
- 5 minutes of prep time
- an easy make-ahead recipe
- storing it is a breeze
- overall tastes delicious!
Main Ingredients Needed
Yeah, you heard right, you only need three ingredients to make delicious fudge. Who knew Microwave fudge was so easy?
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this adds all the sweetness and all the creaminess to this fudge. It is also is essential to the fudge setting correctly. Be sure to check the expiration date on your cans and get a fresh one if yours is too old.
- Chocolate Chips – I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. However you can customize this part of the recipe even more (see below)!
- Walnuts – chopped and toasted! I would say toasting is optional but it does bring an extra umph to the whole recipe.
Customize Your Microwave Fudge!
Chocolate: From dark to white chocolate and everything in between, try changing up your chocolate source to make things as bitter or as sweet as you’d like.
Mix-Ins: With this microwave fudge we kept things simple and mixed in toasted walnuts. But you can change things up with other nuts or even things like pretzels, coconut shreds, marshmallows, or even a PB swirl!
Flavorings: Consider playing with different flavored extracts to up your fudge game. Imagine mint fudge or orange white chocolate.
Toppings: Sprinkles are always a big hit for my kids, so why not include yours while making this easy fudge? Other topping ideas include different nuts, pretzels and to be more adventurous, try potato chips.
Fudge Combination Ideas
- chocolate mint
- orange white chocolate
- peppermint (candy canes)
- rocky road (marshmallow + nuts)
- cookies and cream
- chocolate peanut butter
- dark chocolate bourbon
- vanilla bean
- toasted coconut
How to Make Microwave Fudge
For full details on how to make Microwave Fudge, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Line an 8×8 glass dish with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Chop + Toast Walnuts
Optional: Chop your walnuts and toast them in a pan for a couple of minutes.
3. Microwave Ingredients
In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in 30-second increments until smooth and completely melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
4. Chill, Cut + Serve!
Bring to room temperature before refrigerating. Once it’s pretty solid, remove it from the pan using the foil and cut it into squares. Serve.
How to Store Microwave Fudge
Store any leftover microwave fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks and in the fridge for up to three.
This recipe is seriously the best. You can freeze it to keep it fresh even longer!
To freeze, make the fudge accordingly, refrigerate, and slice. From here wrap the fudge tightly in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, and then finally place in a freezer bag. I know it’s a lot but no one wants freezer-burned treats.
More Recipes to Try!
If you happen to make this microwave fudge recipe, we’d love to see it! Go ahead and tag us on Instagram @bestdessertrecipes.
Microwave Fudge Recipe
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped and/or toasted, optional
- Line an 8×8 glass dish with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Optional: Chop your walnuts and toast them in a pan for a couple of minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in 30-second increments until smooth and completely melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bring to room temperature before refrigerating. Once it's pretty solid, remove it from the pan using the foil and cut it into squares. Serve.