The best brownie recipe is thick, chocolatey, easy to make… and is just one click away! Enjoy moist brownies for days or freeze for later.
Best Desserts has the BEST Brownie Recipe. Ever. It’s so good you’ll never need another brownie recipe again! Plus it’s just as easy to make as a boxed mix but a million times better. What are you waiting for?! Make this today!
What makes this the Best Brownie Recipe?
The best brownie recipe is:
- Thick: I’m talking about an inch tall! Unlike boxed mixes, this brownie recipe results in chewy thick bars.
- Chocolatey: Not only do I use cocoa powder but there are also three different types of chocolate in these brownies. Two melted in and one folded in. If you are a chocolate lover this recipe is for you!
- Easy: And above all else, the best brownie recipe is an easy brownie recipe! What else could be better than incredible tasting yet easy-to-make brownies? Nothing I tell you, nothing!
Ingredients Needed for the Best Brownie Recipe
Here is everything you need to make the best brownies around!
- Butter and Oil – both are used for moisture and flavor.
- Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Powder, and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – Um, hello chocolate! Be sure to use high-quality chocolate (Ghirardelli and Scharffen Berger) for this recipe, worth every penny. Or if you’re in a pinch just use regular chocolate chips.
- Granulated Sugar – this is used to sweeten the mix.
- Eggs – eggs are used for structure (thickness).
- Vanilla Extract – for flavor. Surprisingly vanilla brings out more of the chocolate flavors.
- Baking Powder – this is used to help things rise.
- Salt – to balance flavors.
- All-Purpose Flour – this is used to fill out the rest of the brownies.
- Walnuts – feel free to add walnuts to this recipe, they definitely add a great crunch to the chewiness but are optional.
Best Brownie Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Frosting. Some brownie recipes call for frosting, although this one doesn’t include frosting you are free to add some to the top if you’d like. Just be sure to cool your brownies completely before frosting. See Best Desserts frosting recipes.
- Serving. These brownies are extra decadent topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Cutting. Cool these brownies completely and use a sharp knife for nice clean edges.
- Parchment Paper. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy removal!
- Reheating. Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 10-seconds to recreate that fresh-out-of-the-oven experience.
How to Make The Best Brownies
You’re only going to need one bowl to mix up these brownies. See the recipe card below for all of the nitty gritty details!
- Preheat oven. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter, oil, chocolate, and cocoa together. Mix until smooth then remove from heat.
- Pour in sugar and vanilla extract. then mix. One at a time, add in eggs. Next gently stir in the remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips and walnuts if using,. Pour the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until set then cool before cutting and serving. Or, cool completely and frost.
Any leftover brownies will be good for about a day or two at room temperature. If you want to keep them good for longer I’d cover the brownies with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold!
To save the best-brownies-you’ve-ever-eaten even longer you can freeze them for up to 3 months! Simply individually wrap brownie bars in plastic wrap then store in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
Once again, reheat in the microwave to enjoy hot!
More Sweet Recipes to Try!
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy and happy baking 🙂
The Best Brownie Recipe
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 4 oz milk chocolate chopped
- 4 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt butter, oil, chocolate, and cocoa together. Mix until smooth then remove from heat.
- Pour in sugar and vanilla extract. then mix. One at a time, add in eggs. Next, gently stir in the remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips and walnuts if using,. Pour the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 30-35 minutes then cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Or, cool completely and frost.
Katrina EmersonJanuary 30, 2021 at 1:16 pm
The brownie recipe are you able to let me know the ingredients in grams please
Nancy ArmstrongFebruary 10, 2021 at 11:34 pm
Lauren, I have had a favorite brownie recipe for years, until I made this recipe, it is now my very favorite!
I have a taste test with both recipes, my husband and son and I all tried them. Yours was absolutely better, all three of us agreed. Thank you for your wonderful recipe, it will now be my “go to” recipe. I appreciate all the hard work it takes to produce recipes, and appreciate that you share them with the rest of us.