Cherry Pie Recipe
This is a classic, homemade Cherry Pie recipe that is easy to make and even easier to share. Topped with a gorgeous pie dough lattice!
- 2 pie crusts one for the bottom and top
- 29 oz tart cherries drained well (2-14.5 oz cans)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup minute tapioca I used Kraft brand
- 2 drops liquid red food coloring
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust and refrigerate.
In a large bowl, stir drained tart cherries with sugar, almond and vanilla extract, tapioca and food coloring. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir again, then pour into pie crust.
Roll out top pie crust and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Create lattice top and crimp the edges with a fork.
Bake 20 minutes at 425 degrees F, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting and serving.
Calories: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 174mgPotassium: 270mgFiber: 3gSugar: 30gVitamin A: 66IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg